Spiritual Directors in Europe is a not-for-profit organization that seeks to encourage and support spiritual direction wherever it can:
- by organising each year a meeting in a different European country, attended by spiritual directors from all over Europe
- by facilitating the mutual support of, and cross-fertilisation between, spiritual directors across Europe
- by encouraging local supportive groups and networks
- by using its website www.sd-europe.org to publicise its activities and interact with interested persons
- by the effort to enable participation via modest bursaries
Spiritual Directors in Europe is committed to co-operation with other similar organizations and networks.
The aims and objects for which the Association has been established are:
- To promote high standards of practice amongst its members who are spiritual guides, spiritual directors, spiritual counsellors, spiritual practitioners, spiritual consultants and spiritual supervisors
- To be a self-governing, non-profit organization which promotes a code of ethics and discipline among its members
- To represent its members with civil, religious and church organizations
- To address directives on behalf of its members in matters relating to the practice of spiritual guidance, spiritual direction, spiritual counselling, spiritual practitioning, spiritual consultancy and spiritual supervision
- To regulate for its members spiritual guidance, spiritual direction, spiritual counselling, spiritual consultancy and spiritual supervision through accreditation and credentialing
The Association of Christian Spiritual Directors in Aotearoa – New Zealand aims are:
- To encourage and actively promote spiritual direction
- To promote the ongoing formation of spiritual directors
- To encourage supervision of spiritual directors
The Association is a national ecumenical body with members belonging to the Anglican, Baptist, Roman Catholic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, and Salvation Army denominations.
Life Direction Team (LDT) is a Singapore-based group of spiritual directors with the aim of providing spiritual support and accompaniment to all who desire to find meaning beyond the moment.
The Retreat Association office provides an information resource for those involved in retreat work (both in Retreat Houses and the local community) and spiritual direction, offering advice and information to individual inquirers, parishes and various groups, by phone, fax, and letter or in person.The Association continues to develop a network of contacts around the country who can help link people up with an appropriate spiritual director.The Retreat Association is a body in association with Churches Together in England (CTE) and Wales (CYTUN). Its Executive Officer convenes CTE’s Spirituality and Prayer Coordinating Group.
United States of America
Spiritual Directors International is a learning community committed to advancing spiritual direction around the world. Its membership consists of people from many nations and many faiths. Spiritual Directors International provides programs, publications, and practices to support spiritual direction.